Green Homes in Oklahoma City
Better materials build better homes
We know that better materials build better homes. Two Structures Homes builds environmentally-friendly, energy-efficient homes because it makes a difference to our homeowners. There are many Certified Green professionals in the Oklahoma City market but few builders have active projects and several have never built a green home. Our average new home boasts more green features than most – which is the Two Structure standard for new construction.
Green building is about building durable structures that are sustainable to maintain. Along with our energy efficient features, we know our green houses are houses that will outlast and out-perform homes built by lesser standards. Take a look at our standard features to learn more about the details of our building protocols.
Making a difference
Sustainable green building expands on the basic concept of reduce, reuse, and recycle. For homeowners, the benefits of green living go beyond environmental stewardship. Sustainable homes offer many practical, personal and economic advantages. The money saved on utility bills lowers your total cost of home ownership.
Impacts of home building on the environment
|Aspects:||Consumption:||Environmental Effects:||Ultimate Effects:|
|Harm to human health
Loss of resources
Source: EPA’s web page
How do you benefit from a high-performance green home?
Green buildings are designed to reduce the overall impact on human health and the natural environment. Here are just a few additional benefits:
- Tax credits: Tax credits reward homeowners who choose to build environmentally-friendly, energy-saving structures.
- Your family’s health: Green homes greatly reduce the potential for carbon monoxide poisoning, toxic indoor air, mold-borne illness and even allergies. We minimize the use of harmful chemicals and use local materials whenever possible
- Environmental benefits: Green homes enhance and protect biodiversity and ecosystems, improve air and water quality, reduce waste streams and conserve and restore natural resources. That’s something to feel good about.
- HERS Index: The investment you put towards choosing energy-saving construction and products will be returned shortly through smaller bills.
- Financial Sustainability: High performance structures are more affordable to sustain because energy bills are small and have less month-to-month fluctuation. Less energy use means less vulnerability to rising energy costs.
- A vibrant OKC metro: Building exceptional homes is a benefit to the entire Oklahoma City community by keeping property values high and by supporting a healthy, sustainable community.